Bachelor of Science in Aviation Engineering Technology (BS – AET)
SIAA is now offering its newest, most attractive aviation course:
Bachelor of Science in Aviation Engineering Technology (B. S. – AET), a CHED-approved pioneer course.
This new 4-year course enables students to earn a degree in aviation maintenance technology that puts together the 2-year Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT) and the 2-year Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), or Avionics, Courses in one comprehensive and logical course that SIAA’s brain thrust designed to satisfy the need for a degree course that will produce graduates that are multi-skilled and, therefore, more “marketable” and preferred by aviation employers anywhere.
The Course provides students ample time for technical subjects in PowerPlant, Airframe, and Avionics that will enhance their training to be globally competitive in their aviation maintenance careers where specialization is always a must. Graduates of this course will have the skills to maintain any kind of aircraft and thereby assure them of well-paying jobs in airlines and aviation companies the world over.
BS-AET graduates can secure professional aviation maintenance licenses, like AMT and AMS from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
BSAET Program Learning Outcomes
- Skillfully applies knowledge acquired from laboratory works, interpretation of data gathering, maintenance & repair, general engineering and social sciences courses.
- Innovative; effective technicians in systems and processes in Aviation Engineering Technology.
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams in diverse fields of practice.
- Demonstrate skills in appropriate aviation technical applications, problem solving and critical thinking skills, diverse communication, safe work habits and behavior in aviation engineering technology.
- Understand the effects and impact of the aviation engineering technology profession on the environment and the society, as well as the social and ethical responsibilities of the profession.
- Engage in life-long learning and to keep current of the development in a specific field of specialization.
- Observant and adaptive of contemporary aviation issues.
- Understand management principles as a member and as a team leader in aviation projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Apply acquired aviation engineering technology knowledge and skills for national development.